Susun Terese, Author of "The Shifting Fog"

Susun Terese, Author of "The Shifting Fog"
Another Way to Connect To You

Friday, May 30, 2014

I love Byron Katie.

I love Byron Katie.  In my e-mail this morning was a treatise on reality, illusion, bodhisattvas and other Buddhist musings. It all cracked me open.



 The vow “When I attain enlightenment…” is a noble trick of the ego. It’s noble because it points to generosity and compassion. But it assumes a future, and any future is a delusion. Nothing ever happens in a future. Whatever happens (if anything happens) can happen only now.

So clear!  Moving toward anything, hoping, waiting - it all assumes a future, and future is delusion.  

The mind insists that there WILL be a future and that we need to get ready for it. But in the getting ready, we can so easily miss all the beautiful details of this One (eternal) moment. 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment