Susun Terese, Author of "The Shifting Fog"

Susun Terese, Author of "The Shifting Fog"
Another Way to Connect To You

Friday, May 30, 2014

Still Waking Up

Another light came on today about all this trying to help the world, trying to make a difference out there, hoping to bring healing and peace to those around us.   An entirely new perspective, meaning that you turn around and look in a new direction, able to see things you could never see before - here it is:   the bodhisattva, the one who gives up his own enlightenment and salvation for the sake of others - has got it all backwards. 

 All those people we are trying to help and save and heal - they're here for US!  The sick person I go to visit, she is here for ME! The appearance of "one who suffers" is just that: , an illusion, and ultimately just a dream of my own, divinely appearing to help me grow, to help me learn and to unlearn, to assist me as I crumble and fall from my tower of "I can help YOU".  

The "one who suffers", "the horrors, hatred and anguish of the world", these exist only in my mind; they are ME under the influence of the mind. Thinking that I can help others.. hmmm. Be there. BE with yourself and you ARE with your illusions, those "others". Embrace it all, find the peace of knowing that you hold it ALL, and you CAN hold it all, and you can be peaceful with it all. 

Thank you, all you magnificent suffering beings, for coming to show me...

1 comment:

  1. Do you mean; the illusion that there shouldn't be suffering in the world--when there is?

    ReplyDelete